Thursday, July 16, 2009

Travel to India while pregnant - safe?

I think after I found out that I'm having a baby, I'm scared to do a lot of things, like run or even walk fast! And I try very hard to watch what I'm eating, no raw stuff, not even half cooked! All fruits must be washed clean before consumed, etc etc. Even simple stuff like mayonaise might contain raw egg! I'm either turning kiasi or kiasu! Either way, it's almost driving me crazy! Well, crazy in a good way though :)

And tomorrow I'm going to India. I was fretting so much about it because in my previous company, a few people fell sick after drinking water in India - I'm not sure what kind of water they drank though. And I have another colleague who fell sick eating Subway in India! She suspects that it's because of the uncooked lettuce in the sandwich! And I thought that fast foods must be quite safe!

However, after finding out more from my colleague who've been there before, I feel more relieved right now. She told me that they provide bottled mineral water in the office and in the corporate housing, we can even use that to brush our teeth! :D

Taj Mahal on Saturday!!



Anyway, my mom said I shouldn't worry too much about it because I'm Indonesian and my stomach is much stronger because we are sooooo accustomed to eating "dirty" stuff. Well, there's some truth to it but I'm not taking chances!

I'm just praying that God takes care of me and my unborn child :)

2 comments:

  1. can you let him/her wear doraemon clothes?? imagine he/she carries a "doremon shape" bag.. must be damn cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm.. i never see doraemon baby clothes before leh, u give as present ah? :D

    ReplyDelete